Introduction of Supervisor
Zeng Li, Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Statistics and Data Science, Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech). Dr. Li obtained her Ph.D. in 2017 from Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science, The University of Hong Kong (HKU). She also worked in University of Washington Seattle and The Pennsylvania State University for postdoctoral research. Her research interests include high-dimensional statistics, random matrix theory and time series analysis. She has published papers in The Annals of Statistics, Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, etc. Base in the Department of Statistics and Data Science of SUSTech, Dr. Li’s research team is equipped with high-performance computing platform and rich electronic resources. The team is currently seeking candidates for position of postdoctoral scholar, applicants with strong background in high dimensional statistics, specialized in random matrix theory are particularly welcomed. Remuneration and Conditions of Service Salary is highly competitive of international standard and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Welcome young talents full of academic enthusiasm to join.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
1. Ph.D. required, preferably major in mathematics/statistics/econometrics in 985 or well-known overseas universities.
2. Solid mathematical background, good communication skills, open minded. The ability to plan, execute, interpret, summarize, and publish research results within a collaborative environment with faculty groups is essential.
3. Proficiency in R/Python/Matlab
Salary and Benefits
1. A fixed-term appointment funded for two years from date of hire
2. The starting annual salary rate for this position will be ¥330,000 (including ¥150,000 province-level subsidy before tax and ¥60,000 city-level subsidy after tax). The successful candidates will receive the benefits from SUSTech including subsidy for meals, hot weather, festivals, free body check and other benefits required by the law.
3. Candidates may also apply for the Chancellor’s award for outstanding postdocs, with an annual salary of more than ¥400,000 (including subsidy from Guangdong and Shenzhen).
4. Postdocs will receive a subsidy of ¥25,000 from the university for academic activities during the contract term.
6. Successful candidates will be able to apply as the principal investigator for grants from the Postdoc Science Foundation, the National Science Foundation as well as the Guangdong province and Shenzhen city.
7. Candidates graduated from the world top 200 foreign universities (according to the latest Times, USNEWS, QS and Shanghai Jiao Tong University Rankings) could apply for a living allowance of ¥600,000 from the Guangdong province. The successful candidates will receive a housing allowance of ¥400,000 after obtaining their postdoc certificates and signing a contract of more than 3 years with a company registered in Guangdong.
8. Post-doctoral students who choose to stay in Shenzhen to engage in scientific research and who have signed labor (employment) contracts with enterprises or institutions in the city for more than 3 years can apply for Shenzhen post-doctoral research grants. The Shenzhen Municipal Government gives ¥100,000 per person each year for three years to support scientific research.
9. For postdocs who meet the policy requirements of the latest “Shenzhen Newly Introduced Talent Rental Housing and Living Allowance”, after settling in Shenzhen, they can apply for a one-time rental housing and living allowance of ¥30,000 in Shenzhen (tax-free, independent online application).
10. According to the conditions that they meet, post-docs who stay in or out of Shenzhen can apply for “Shenzhen Peacock Plan Class C Talents” or “Shenzhen Reserve Level Talents” and enjoy an incentive allowance of ¥1.6 million for 5 years (tax-free) (subject to the latest declaration requirements of relevant talents in Shenzhen).
11. Outstanding postdocs are also encouraged to apply for the position of research assistant professor at SUSTech.
Please email the following application materials to Mrs. Zhou (firstname.lastname@example.org) titled as “research group-position-name-major”.
Application materials should include:
- Resumes (PDF format) in English or Chinese
- Research statement
- Selected publications
- Contact information of 3 references (minimum)
- The earliest boarding time