Xiyun Jiao, Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Statistics and Data Science, Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech). Dr. Jiao obtained her Ph.D. in statistics in 2016 from Imperial College London, UK. Afterwards she worked in University College London, UK as a postdoc for three years. Her research interests include computational statistics, Bayesian statistics, Markov chain Monte Carlo algorithms, and statistical methods in Population Genetics and Phylogenetics. She has published papers in renowned journals, such as Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, Journal of Econometrics, Systematic Biology, etc. Based on the Department of Statistics and Data Science of SUSTech, Dr. Jiao’s research team is equipped with high-performance computing platform and rich electronic library resources. Now the team is recruiting a research assistant whose main responsibilities include processing and analyzing (bioinformatic) data using software, arranging and summarizing research material, etc. Remuneration and working conditions are comparable to international standards and will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Welcome young talents full of academic enthusiasm to join.
1. Solid statistic background; excellent at communicating in English; accustomed to team cooperation
2. Experienced at programming; candidates who have ever done data processing and analysis are preferred
3. Major in Statistics/Computer Science; Master/undergraduate students from 985/overseas universities are preferred
4. Passion in computational statistics, Bayesian statistics and Biostatistics
Salary and Benefits
1. Initial appointment will be made on a negotiable fixed-term contract with a monthly salary of RMB 5,000-10,000, commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
2. Fringe benefits include gratuity, insurance, leave and medical schemes.
Interested applicants can send your CV and transcripts to Ms. Zhou by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the earliest time that you can join in the email.
Email Subject: research group + position + your name + major.