About the team:
Dr. Lili Yang is a professor in Statistics and Data Science Department at Southern University of Science and Technology. Her research team has a strong track record in the research areas of big data analysis, mathematics modeling, public safety management, theory and methodology of risk detection and assessment in public events, big data enabled emergency platform. The research team consists of more than 20 members including professors, PhD students, master students and research assistants, some of whom have oversea study or work experience. The office is located in Nanshan district, Shenzhen which is close to the Shenzhen North station. The team is currently undertaking a number of national funded projects and has sufficient finance supports. Applications are invited for 1-2 posts of Research associate/assistant professors.
- A PhD or equivalent in computer science, mathematics or public safety management or a closely related discipline.
- Have postdoctoral (or above) research experience in a research-oriented university or research institute.
- More than 2 publications in top conferences or journals in related research areas within the last 5 years.
- Capabilities of carrying out independent research in related areas.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Co-managing the research team, undertaking research in areas including big data analysis, mathematics modelling, emergency management and decision making, risk detection and assessment, and big data enabled system design and development.
- Participating in other relevant projects which may have.
- Publishing papers in top conferences and journals.
- Able to independently applying for research grants and supporting the long-term research plan of the research team.
- Assisting/organizing grant applications of the research team and fulfilling relevant research tasks.
- Supervising or assisting in supervising PhD students, master students etc.
- A fix term contract for three years with the possibility of extension and a competitive salary (350,000-450,000 CNY per annum for Research Associate Professor and 250,000-350,000 CNY per annum for Research Assistant Professor). In addition, there are an annual bonus equivalent to 1 month base salary and a performance bonus equivalent to 1-3 month base salary. The successful candidates will receive the same benefits as the faculty staff, including subsidy for meals, hot weather, festivals and other benefit required by the law.
- Well established research facilities and full support for grant applications.
- Qualified candidates will be assisted to apply for the Shenzhen talent programs such as the Peacock Plan with a reward from 1,600,000 to 2,000,000. Assistance will also be provided for the application of the Shenzhen hukou, school admission for children.
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject “Research associate/assistant professor - your_name”.
- Resume (with a complete information and a list of your publications).
- The full manuscript of 2 or more representative publications.
- Other research outputs such as books, patents, etc.