Chao Wang, Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor at Department of Statistics and Data Science of Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech). Before joining SUSTech, Chao was a postdoctoral researcher at TETRAPODS Institute of Data Science, the University of California Davis. During 2018-2012, he worked at the University of Texas (UT) Dallas and UT Southwestern Medical Center. He completed his Ph.D. in Mathematics from The Chinese University of Hong Kong. PhD, His research interests include scientific computing, image processing, deep learning, interdisciplinary mathematical modeling, convex and nonconvex optimization. He has published papers in top tier journals like IEEE Trans. Signal Process, SIAM J. Sci. Comput. SIAM J. Imag. Sci., ICCV, etc.
The research team is seeking exceptional candidates for full time, academic research position as research assistant & Postdoctoral Research Fellow. Salary is highly competitive based on performance. Candidates will work on topics related to deep learning, computer vision, optimization, computational imaging, and signal processing, etc. Our priority is to attract technically strong researchers who are interested in asking new questions with data and enthusiastic to work with imaging.
Research Areas: image processing, pattern recognition, computer vision, optimization or other interdisciplinary areas in relating fields.
- Candidates must hold or be about to obtain a Bachelor/Master degree in the above-mentioned research areas.
- Good at or have interest in optimization or deep learning algorithms. A solid foundation in Python/MATLAB.
- Candidates with solid foundation and research experience in image processing, optimization and deep learning, etc. are preferred.
- Have good communication and presentation skills, and good leadership.
Benefits and Rewards:
- Monthly salary is about 5000-10000 CNY. Salary is highly competitive for talented candidates. Performance bonus is available to successful candidates.
- National holidays, paid annual leave and benefits from SUSTech including subsidy for meals, hot weather, festivals, free body check and other benefits required by the law.
- Good space for personal growth and development. If qualified, the candidates are recommended to apply for a PhD position at SUSTech with a higher priority.
Please send the following information to Dr. Chao Wang firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs Wu (email@example.com) with the email subject “Chao Wang, Ph.D.-Research assistant/Postdoctoral Research Fellow professor/ - your_name”.
- Resume (with a complete information and a list of your publications).
- Research statement & The contact information of three recommenders (only Postdoctoral Research Fellow professor)
- personal statement